Develop skills in relation to thinking critically about how ethical behaviour can be encouraged in banking through codes of ethics, regulation, or through good leadership.
Explore how ethical demands might change with future developments such as digital innovations and growing environmental pressures.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Critically reflect on the moral considerations that apply to bankers which derive from the nature of bank products and services, and the ways in which professionalising banking could help ensure those responsibilities are fulfilled;
- Differentiate between a range of theories and approaches to ethical thinking and assess the extent to which these could help resolve ethical dilemmas and ethical arguments;
- Differentiate between several views on the responsibilities of a business, and assess key ethical issues and challenges facing the banking sector;
- Examine the impact on banks, their customers, and their employees, of a range of legislation and regulation on current banking practice and the extent to which it is designed to rebuild trust and confidence in banks;
- Critically evaluate, from an ethical perspective, the impact, and potential impact, of environmental factors and technological developments on current and future banking practice;
- Critically assess a range of theories relating to the ethics of leadership and corporate governance in banking.
Total Program Fee
Internationally recognised professional qualification that is an alternative entry to the Chartered Banker Pathway.
All modules delivered online which means you can start anytime and complete it at your own pace in your own time.
Chartered Banker Institute (UK) accredited
The only body in the world able to confer Chartered Banker status.
Made for Australia
Developed for Australian Market by FINSIA in close consultation with senior industry practitioners.
A 12-month Affiliate membership for new members, plus the ability to upgrade.
Embedded e-Learning on selected modules to reinforce key learning objectives.
A comprehensive digital textbook providing core learning materials and case studies to help you build your capability.
Assessment fees are included in the price of the qualification.
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience with a hands-on approach.
Access an extensive suite of engaging learning materials.
Developed for the Australian market in consultation with senior industry practitioners.
What do I get when I finish the course?
A certificate for the Professionalism & Ethics module, which is also one of the mandatory modules of the Chartered Banker program, is available on request from FINSIA.