As part of its commitment to supporting members with lifelong learning opportunities, FINSIA has arranged an exclusive partnership with the UK-based Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) to offer a customised professional refresher course package designed to equip FINSIA members in Australia and New Zealand like you with the knowledge and skills necessary to stay up-to-date and succeed in today's constantly changing work environment.
With access to more than 60 courses, you can enhance your abilities across a wide range of areas including ESG, investment management, risk and compliance, financial services, ethics and integrity, workplace, wellbeing, data and financial technology.
What is a Professional Refresher?
Professional Refreshers are an online training solution designed to keep you updated with the latest developments and demonstrate continuing learning.
Gain unlimited access to all courses and complete them at your own pace and convenience. Engage with interactive modules, video tutorials, case studies, and practical exercises to reinforce your understanding and apply your knowledge effectively. At the end of each module, a self-administered voluntary test allows you to gauge your progress and identify areas where you excel or may need further attention.
These courses cover a comprehensive range of topics related to data analytics and its applications in different industries.
Be introduced to the concept of data analytics, its techniques, and how it differs from traditional research. Learn the importance of data protection, its challenges and how we can contribute to safeguarding data. Find out the role of data science in the financial services sector and its impact across different business lines.
Courses range from 1 to 1.25 hours.
- Data Analytics
- Data Literacy
- Data Protection Essentials
- Data Science
- Data: Big Data
This series of courses provides a comprehensive understanding of various topics related to ethical and sustainable investment.
Find out more about ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) investing, what it is, why it matters and the various screening processes and investment indices available. Learn about bonds and securities, their types, benefits, and risks. Discuss greenwashing, how to prevent it and learn ways to identify organisations engaged in greenwashing. Gain knowledge on impact investing.
Courses range from 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investing
- Ethical and Sustainable Investment
- Green Bonds and Asset-Backed Securities
- Impact Investing
This set of modules provides insights into the important topics of digitalisation and ethics in the context of finance and financial services.
Explore the ethical implications of digitalisation with the advancement of technology. Gain an understanding of ethical behaviour, ethics in finance, the significance of trust and trustworthiness, compliance versus ethics, and the importance of integrity, ethics, and conduct within the financial services industry.
Courses range from 0.75 to 1.25 hours.
- Digital Ethics
- Integrity and Ethics
- Integrity and Ethics Essentials
These courses provide a foundation in financial services basics.
The modules aim to provide a comprehensive understanding of financial services around the world, including how they are regulated and what the future may hold for them.
Courses range from 0.5 to 2 hours.
- Market Abuse Essentials
- Bonds Essentials
- Introduction to Corporate Finance
- Introduction to Financial Services
- Investment Planning
- Shares Essentials
This series of courses offers a comprehensive understanding of various investment products and markets to help you make informed investment decisions.
Each module provides an overview of the topic, its definition, purpose, trading techniques, regulatory requirements and potential future developments.
Courses range from 0.75 to 2.25 hours.
- Commodities and Energy Markets
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Foreign Exchange
- Hedge Funds
- Islamic Banking
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Portfolio Stress Testing
- Price Stabilisation
- Responsible Investment - The Taxonomy
- Securities Financing
- Structured Investment Products
- Trade Finance
This collection of courses addresses critical topics related to risk and compliance in the financial industry.
The modules are designed to equip you with the knowledge, tools, and best practices to mitigate risks and ensure compliance with regulations globally.
Courses range from 0.75 to 2 hours.
- Business Protection
- Managing Operational Risk
- Operational Resilience
- Prevention and Detection of Fraud and Corruption
- Transaction Laundering
These courses offer a comprehensive overview of technology, AI, and Fintech in the modern financial landscape.
Learn the ethical implications of AI, the potential impact of blockchains on financial markets, the future role of cryptocurrencies, security concerns related to cybercrime and the evolution of the Fintech sector.
Courses range from 0.75 to 2 hours.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
These courses focus on personal wellbeing and developing essential life skills.
Through these modules, you will learn key concepts and techniques to de-escalate challenging situations, improve your mental health and help others, develop effective communication skills, foster team accountability and provides practical insights to enhance your overall wellbeing.
Courses range from 0.75 to 1.75 hours.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Public Speaking Without Fear
- Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Stress in Working Life
These courses cover various aspects of workplace dynamics and skills development.
The modules address workplace change and provide valuable insights and knowledge to thrive in various scenarios. It delves into different topics, including the impact of hybrid working, the importance of soft skills, the art of influence, how to manage multi-generational workforces and many more. It also provides insights for stakeholders responsible for the training and development of employees.
Courses range from 0.75 to 2 hours.
- Change Management
- Digital Transformation and Workplace Agility
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Hybrid Working – The New Digital Revolution
- Influencing Teams
- Leadership in a Digital World
- Managing a Multi-Generational Workforce
- Managing Conflict at Work
- Managing Performance and Delivery
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Teamwork and Team Building
- Technology for Non-Technology Managers
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience with a hands-on approach.
Explore an extensive suite of engaging learning materials.
Gain access to global knowledge
Benefits for Individuals
- Stay informed about the industry’s developments, techniques, and best practices.
- Increase your marketability and improve your chances of career advancement.
- Demonstrate your dedication to keeping your knowledge current
- Acquire the latest knowledge and tools while remaining adaptable to changing industry requirements.
- An opportunity for personal growth or to learn new topics.
- Cost-effective way to fill gaps in your knowledge or specific areas where you lack expertise.
- No need to complete a full qualification to gain the knowledge you need
Benefits for Companies
- Provide your employees with the tools, techniques and resources to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrate your company values of professional growth and development.
- Continuously acquire and refine skills to overcome industry obstacles and remain competitive.
- Contribute to talent retention and enhance employees’ professional value.
- Stimulate innovation and creativity within the organisation
- Stay updated on the latest regulations and industry standards.
- A cost-effective way to provide up to date professional development for your staff.