Get a global view of transnational crime, illustrated practical defences and a focus on how laws, regulations and best practice continue to evolve across the entire spectrum of associated activities.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the background and nature of financial crime.
- Explain money laundering and the roles of the local and international bodies.
- Understand terrorist financing and the measures to combat the financing of terrorism.
- Explain the difference between bribery and corruption including legislations governing them.
- Explain tax evasion and tax avoidance.
- Discuss the purpose and application of financial sanctions.
- Explain how financial crime affects the financial services industry.
- Explain the responsibilities the financial services industry has when dealing with regulatory and other relevant authorities.
This course has been designed by the leading professional body for securities the CISI (The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment based in the UK).
Total Program Fee
Start anytime and develop your skills at your own pace and from any location.
Suitable for everyone who wants to develop specialist skills in Risk & Compliance.
Typically 3 to 6 months duration depending on level of education and experience.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (UK)
The CISI is the leading professional body for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals.
Be recognised as an international specialist.
For new members, a 12-month Student Membership is included in the enrolment fee. Being a FINSIA member enables you to build your professional profile through networking events and access relevant content to reinforce your study.
A PDF workbook
A comprehensive PDF workbook providing core learning materials and case studies to help you build your capability.
Computer-Based testing exam fees (re-sits incur additional cost).
Access to a learning platform
The course is all online and you will be provided access to CISI learning platform.
Access to Revision Express
Multiple choice questions at the end of each chapter to confirm your understanding.
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience with a hands-on approach.
Access an extensive suite of engaging learning materials.
Developed in consultation with senior industry practitioners.
What do I get when I complete the course?
A statement of attainment is available from FINSIA and The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) based in the UK.